Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thankful

My girl over at Juicebox Confession wrote a post today about what she was thankful for. Reading her post has either inspired me or made me a copy cat, I'm not sure which. Either way, she's one of my best friends so I know she wont mind!
I'm gonna make a list! A thankful list. And in the comments section I would love if you could share something that you're thankful for, with the rest of us.

1. I'm thankful for my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I can't fathom anyone else dying for my sins, and it's a debt that He has never asked for payment for. What a gift.

2. I'm thankful for my husband. I have never, ever laughed so much with anyone in my life. Ever. He works his tail off for our family and loves us more then he's able to express. It's on his face. I can see it. And I love him right back.

3. I'm thankful for my beautiful children. Wow. I don't have words. Literally. I'm a writer, and I don't have the ability to express how grateful I am that I have the children that I have. Hunter, Arianna, and Hayden, you're incredible and I love you with every breath that I have.

4. I'm thankful for my parents and the examples of selflessness and love and parenting and friendship that they have brought to my life. I have learned so much from them and my life would be drastically different without them in it.

5. My Keurig machine. What? I love coffee! ;) (You can read more about my obsession with lattes and entertaining "life moments" here. )

6. I'm thankful for a virtual coffee shop that I'm a part of, with some incredibly close friends that I know always have my back.

7. I'm thankful that even after this cold and hard winter, I was able to look outside at the snow that was blowing around like glitter and still be able to see the beauty.

8. I'm thankful for Calvin and Hobbs. My dad, my brother, and I used to get the newest book every year for Christmas from my mom when we were little. I still have one of those books. I love that memory.

9. I'm thankful for the home I live in, the electricity, heat, and running water that we have. We are fortunate.

10. I'm thankful for my bread machine. It helps me daily keep my husband thinking that I'm incredible in the kitchen.

11. I'm thankful that God blessed me with an ability to write. I love to write. I've been told that I'm good at it (sarcasm or not, I'm taking it ;) ), and I'm unbelievably thankful that you are here to read what I come up with. Whether I end up writing for five of you or fifty thousand of you, you all matter and I appreciate all of the support.

I'm going to stop at eleven because Juicebox Confession did ten and nine just didn't seem like enough :). And because my adorable cat is laying in the sunshine, looking very content, and I might just have to take a cue from her!

Tell me what you're thankful for!


2 comments: