Friday, February 21, 2014

Coffee trumps guilt.

Today started off just like any other day.. woke up, got the kiddos up for school, tickled them mercilessly until they actually got out of bed... got back into my own bed, scrolled through facebook for a half hour and then got my rear into the shower.
Goooooooood Morning my baby squirrels!



Then the unthinkable.
I dropped my coffee mug. With the last of the creamer in it. I swear I didn't even feel it leave my fingers! I did the dramatic "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!" and tried desperately to catch it.
*sigh*
*sob*
I was down a beloved mug, out of creamer, and had to scrub my floor.
Awesome.
So, I went to the store to get more creamer (snow storm? Right...because *that* matters!), and I took a quick swing by my local thrift store. I went in to pick up a sweatshirt that *wasn't* my husbands, because I desperately needed one! I paid with change from my owl piggy bank, and while I'm talking to the cashier (we may or may not be on a first name basis.)
You can call me MJ for short ;)

I noticed that she had this mug.
WHOOOO loves their owl coffee mug? MJ does!!

*GASP*
She collects owl stuff as much as I do, and got this as a Christmas gift! (yes...I know...don't judge!)
I totally talked up some owl stuffs that I had that were stored away because I literally have no more room (Although I do switch stuff out, so I get to look at new stuff all the time!), and then walked out the door with this teaser:

"I'll trade you owl stuffs for the mug! I'll be back tomorrow after you have some time to think about it!"

I dashed home, found the stuff, ran back, and presented her with said stuffs. She was very excited, but was reluctant to trade due to the mug being dirty..
I laughed and laughed and laughed...
"Bwahahahahaha!!"

And walked away with the mug.

Yup. Totally scored. The guilt I feel about taking a cashiers owl mug? Drowning it in coffee.

3 comments:

  1. Bartering for the win!! I love this. So awesome. I would leave the teaser your boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant! I never even thought to try bartering! You are bringing the world back to a time when things had value BEYOND a price tag:) One cup of coffee at a time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brilliant! I never even thought to try bartering! You are bringing the world back to a time when things had value BEYOND a price tag:) One cup of coffee at a time:)

    ReplyDelete